Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Goodreads Review: Spark Rising by Kate Corcino


Spark Rising (The Progenitor Saga, #1)Spark Rising by Kate Corcino
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Five big stars!

Spark Rising is one of the most exciting and imaginative Science Fiction Romance novels I've read it quite some time! I loved getting immersed in this stark, post-apocalyptic world where the heroine, Lena, is a rare and dangerous renegade because of her power to control "Dust." Just what Dust is and what she can do with it is key to discovering this complex future society.

But it's not all about Lena. The hero, Alex, is fascinating as a complex and a powerful presence, the perfect match for the heroine, even though both are initially resistant to their attraction after their relationship begins on a very adversarial note. Alex is an agent--emotionally reserved, all business and very compartmentalized--yet admirably duty-bound, which often thrusts him into some heart-rending dilemmas as tries to protect Lena from the powers-that-be who want to use and destroy her, while masquerading as one of those who would exploit her.

A big plus for me is being familiar with the present-day landscapes that inspire many of the future locations and how well the author's visual imagery took me into this darker future.

I can't wait to get my hands on book two of the Progenitor Saga, but meanwhile I'm very much looking forward to reading the related anthology to gain more of a sense of the characters' backstories.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This was my favourite SFR read of 2014, and totally deserved its SFR Galaxy Award!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)